Additional news about First Place can be found on our blog.
To be added to our newsletter mailing list (and to receive invitations to special events and other important information via email), please email
“Five formerly homeless families get keys to new homes“, King5.com, July 2012
“KING 5′s Linda Byron Emcees First Place Breakfast“, June 2010.
“Sing Us Home is Music with a Mission: Making a Better World“, Seattle Times, March 2010.
“United Way Names Spirit of Caring Award winners,” Bellevue Reporter, March 2010
“Former Seattle Mayor Norm Rice Aims to Get Your Attention,” Seattle Times, Feb. 2010.
“Invisible Families: The Homeless You Don’t See,” Seattle Times, 2010
Two stories on First Place graduate Marcelas Owens:
- “First Place School” KUOW 94.9FM, June 2008.
- “First Place School: Bringing the Homeless Home, One Student at a Time,” Seattle’s Child, Feb. 2008.
- First Place Plans Charter School Opening (view as PDF)
- Belltown Salon Owner Gives Back to Organization Which Helped 21 Years Ago. April 2010, view as pdf.
- A Washington State Educational First: Antioch University Seattle, City University of Seattle and First Place Form a New Partnership to Help Kids and Graduate Students. March 2010, view as pdf.
- History (pdf)